Your facility photos make a major first impression on potential tenants, and they're a great way to stand out from the competition! Take the opportunity to show off your good looks and score more rentals by following this handy guide.
How to get the best photos
- Think about your facility's selling points, and take photos of the features you like to highlight on tours. What are you and tenants most excited about?
- Have you made any recent updates or renovations to your facility? Post a photo that shows off your hard work!
- If you have any unique units with multiple doors, shelves or lighting inside, potential tenants want to see them.
- Showcase security features like gates and cameras.
- Include a photo of your front desk area, so customers are familiar with the facility before visiting in person.
- The best time of day to take photos is dusk or dawn when natural light is soft and the most flattering.
- Details like ambiance and curb-appeal are important - show your facility at its best! Make sure your property is well-kept, your space is free of clutter, and your lawn/landscaping is neat and manicured.
- Keep it simple! Too many focal points can overwhelm your customers and cause confusion.
Things to avoid in facility photos
- Too many photos of varying quality can actually hurt your performance, so choose three to five of the most flattering, good quality photos you can get.
- Don't use too many street-view photos - these don't give customers the insight they need to make a decision. Instead, build a diverse library of images from inside and around your facility.
- Avoid showing any negative posted signs describing warnings and fees.
Better photos = more reservations! So, are you ready to begin wowing your SpareFoot customers? Head to our adding photos guide to learn how to upload photos to your listing!
Want even more info about which photos make the best impression? Check out the Storage Facilitator's article about selecting photos for your website.