In this article, you'll learn how to set your facility's office and access hours for your SpareFoot listing.
Your office hours tell SpareFoot customers when they can arrive at your facility to move in.
Your access hours tell customers when they'll be able to access their units once they become tenants at your facility.
Keeping your business hours up to date on SpareFoot is super important; many shoppers may be looking for specific hours that could be the deciding factor in selecting your facility over a competitor's. Read on to get started!
Setting your office and access hours
First, navigate to the "Features" area of MySpareFoot.
Then, click the blue "Edit Hours" button on the right of your listings page.
To set your facility's office hours, simply enter your opening and closing times into the appropriate fields for each day.
To ensure that shoppers on our website will not be able to schedule a move in at your facility on days of the week when your office is closed, simply click the Closed checkbox to the immediate left of the appropriate day:
Once you've entered your office hours for each day of the week, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the blue Save Changes button. Your updates will immediately publish to your listing.
To avoid confusion, enter your official office hours exactly as you post them publicly. Don't worry about changing your office hours to prevent late move-ins; all SpareFoot customers are advised that they must arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to your closing.
If your office hours are by appointment only, be sure to check off the "Appointment Only" box next to the corresponding days. Not sure which hours to select? Learn more about setting your hours By Appointment.
Your access hours let customers know when they'll be able to access their units. Do you offer 24-hour access for some or all units at your facility? If so, scroll down to the 24-Hour Access section of this article for further instructions.
If your facility does not offer 24-hour access, simply select the "No" option in the 24-hour access field, and set your access hours exactly the same way you set your office hours. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen, and you're good to go!
24-hour access is important to many shoppers, so listing this feature on SpareFoot can help to get you noticed on our site!
Depending on whether this amenity is available for all units and customers, you can select one of two options to market this amenity to SpareFoot customers:
- Option 1: Yes, for all units and customers
- Select this option if 24-hour access is available to all customers at your facility for all units at your property. Additionally, use this option only if there are no special restrictions or requirements for 24-hour access, such as an additional fee or a background check.
- Provided your facility meets this criteria, select the "Yes, for all units and customers" option in the 24-hour access field. Your access hours will set themselves automatically - just click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen, and you're all set!
- Option 2: Yes, but with restrictions
- Some facilities offer 24-hour access only for certain units at their property or require that customers pay an additional fee or meet other criteria, such as a clear background check.
- If there are any special restrictions on your 24-hour access, first set your regular access hours the same way you set your office hours, and click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen. Then, scroll back up to the 24-hour access field to select the "Yes, but with restrictions" option.
- Once this option has been selected, a new field will appear where you can select all the options that apply to your business:
If you select the option for Specific units, you must save your changes and head to the Units tab to specify which of your units are eligible for 24-hour access. Simply click on any of your 24-hour access units, scroll down to the Access section, and select 24-hour access. Then, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat this process for all units that offer 24-hour access; this information will be included in your SpareFoot.com listing as one of the amenities for each designated unit:
Remember to update your hours on SpareFoot any time your business hours change - this will ensure a smooth move-in process for all the new customers we're sending your way!