This integration is totally free, and will be a huge timesaver. Major benefits are:
- Enables you to update prices & availability in one place only (SSM), never in MySpareFoot. This means well never book an occupied unit or misquote a price.
- Reservations made on SpareFoot are pushed straight into SSM, which enables great reporting about manager follow-up and eliminates timely data entry tasks when customers arrive to move-in.
Things to know
If you're a new SpareFoot client and you're using SSM, you may have opted to create your facility "manually." This means that you haven't configured the integration and opted to manage your units and prices in MySpareFoot, instead of by using the free SSM integration. This also means you've already added hours, photos and amenities in MySpareFoot to the non-integrated facility. When you perform the integration (instructions below), you'll be creating a brand new facility in our system that doesn't have any of this additional information. We don't want to waste your time by reentering all that info. Just submit a ticket to our support team and we can do a super quick copy of the information in the back end!
- When you first integrate, SpareFoot will pull some facility information from SSM (the name, the hours, the phone number). Please note: SpareFoot doesn't continue to get this information from SSM -this is something we only do on the first sync. If you have changes to make to your facility information, be sure to make them in MySpareFoot.
- SpareFoot does a full sync with your inventory to get new availability and pricing each hour. If you've made a change in SSM, please allow at least an hour for that change to publish to SpareFoot.
Ready to go? Lets do it!
Be sure you've read this article and set your unit information (floor, climate, etc.) correctly from SSM to SpareFoot. If there are problems with your inventory, you don't need to fix them before you complete the integration, but it will need to be fixed before your SSM-integrated facility can go live on SpareFoot.
1. Send one email to both email@example.com and your SSM account manager. The email should say:
Id like to integrate SSM with my SpareFoot account. Please reply all with the following information for SpareFoot: An API username, password, and WSDL address.
2. Log in to your MySpareFoot account and select "Add Facility"
3. Select SelfStorageManager from the list of softwares
The username and password from your SSM account manager
The WSDL address from your SSM account manager
NOTE: Sometimes SSM will send you the WSDL address in this format: http://sf.yourwebsite.com/service1.asmx.
If the URL ends in .asmx just be sure to add ?wsdl to the end before you press sync, so it will look like http://sf.yourwebsite.com/service1.asmx?wsdl
5. Click SYNC!
And you're done!