If your SpareFoot account is integrated with SiteLink, your unit rates are automatically synced with your SpareFoot listing. If you’ve set up Push Rates and/or Web Rates in SiteLink, the API selects the correct rate based on your settings as a Preferred Rate to be shown on SpareFoot.
For context, the following rates can be set in SiteLink:
- Standard Rate: The standard walk-in rate with no adjustments.
- Push Rate: An optional rate adjusted based on factors you set, such as occupancy. Read more about setting Push Rates.
- Web Rate: An optional rate set to display on your website. Read more about setting Web Rates.
The SiteLink API Preferred Rate is shown on SpareFoot Marketplace listings so that the correct rate is selected when multiple rates could apply to a unit. The Preferred Rate is not manually set or changed in SiteLink, but you have full control over how your Standard, Push, and Web Rates are set up so that the correct rate will be chosen. The SiteLink API selects a Preferred Rate based on the following logic:
- Push Rates: If you have configured Push Rates and set them to be used at move-in on your website, the Push Rate will be selected as the Preferred Rate.
- Web Rates: If Push Rates are not set to be used on your website, and you’ve configured Web Rates, the Web Rate will be selected as the Preferred Rate.
- Standard Rate: If neither 1 or 2 are true, the base Standard Rate will be selected as the Preferred Rate.
Adjusting your rates so the correct Preferred Rate is chosen
Below are the different ways you can set up rates in Sitelink to ensure the correct rate will be selected as the Preferred Rate and shown on SpareFoot.
I want my Push Rates to be shown on SpareFoot.
- Set up Push Rates in SiteLink if you haven’t already.
- In SiteLink Corporate Control Center, click Rules: Websites, Call Centers, and Kiosks.
- Check the box labeled Use the push rate at move in when available. If you haven’t checked this box, Push Rates will not be shown.
I use Push Rates in SiteLink but don’t want them to be shown on SpareFoot.
Ensure the Use the push rate at move in when available box is not checked in SiteLink Corporate Control Center > Rules: Websites, Call Centers, and Kiosks.
I use both Push Rates and Web Rates and want my Web Rates to be shown on SpareFoot.
Ensure the Use the push rate at move in when available box is not checked in SiteLink Corporate Control Center > Rules: Websites, Call Centers, and Kiosks. If you need to set up or make changes to your Web Rates, check out our article: How to set up Web Rates.
I do not want Push Rates or Web Rates to be shown on SpareFoot.
Do not set up Web Rates in SiteLink. Push Rates can be set up, but ensure the Use the push rate at move in when available box is not checked in SiteLink Corporate Control Center > Rules: Websites, Call Centers, and Kiosks.
According to surveys of SpareFoot shoppers, the two most important features SpareFoot can provide them are price transparency and helping them find deals. SpareFoot listings show strikethrough pricing to indicate to shoppers when they are getting a discounted rate. This helps increase the likelihood that they will reserve at your facility.
Strikethrough pricing will be shown on your listing if your Standard Rate is higher than the Preferred Rate for a unit. In that case, both rates will be shown with a strikethrough on the Standard Rate. Note: If the Preferred Rate is higher than the Standard Rate for a unit, only the Preferred Rate will be shown.
In the example below, the Standard Rate for this unit is $48 and the Preferred Rate is $46.