SpareFoot is pay-for-performance, meaning that you're only charged for the customers we send you that move in and pay you rent. This article describes how to handle customers in your statement who did not move in as scheduled so you can ensure SpareFoot charges you the correct amount.
These instructions pertain to SpareFoot users under the RentPercent pricing model. To learn how this works for OneTime users, read this article.
Locate the customer on your statement (in MySpareFoot)
The customer will be in the "needs your review" section of your statement
Remember, your SpareFoot statement is broken up into 3 sections: Late Move-Ins, Needs Your Review, and Tenants. For an overview of the different statement sections, click here.
1. Click "edit" next to the customer's name
2. Click "no"
You'll get the following popup on your screen:
The interface will show:
- The customer paid $0 in rent
- The SpareFoot fee is adjusted to $0.
This customer will not appear on any future statements.
Another option: Delay the customer's move-in date
If you think the customer might move-in later, just click the pencil next to the customer's move-in date to delay their move-in date. You won't be charged anything this month and you'll have a chance to re-review the customer on your next statement.
Is your SpareFoot account integrated with your SiteLink Web Edition software?
Instead of all of your new customers showing up in a "needs your review" section, we use the information from the integration to split them into two sections:
- Auto-Matched (customers who moved in)
- UnMatched (customers who did not move in) - the rent amount will default to $0, so you won't be charged for these customers
This should save you time, as you'll no longer need to remove charges for new customers who never moved in!
- You still have complete flexibility to edit charges using the "edit" button that's still visible for each customer on your statement.
- You'll need to confirm the rent amounts for customers listed in the "Auto-Matched" and "Tenants" sections, though we hope to expand the integration to automate these components down the road.
- We send 3 reminder emails during the statement period to users who have made changes to less than 20% of their statement. If the automated changes affect more than 20% of your statement, you won't get these additional notifications.
All through? Click "confirm!"
Click here to learn more about saving and submitting your statement.