It is extremely important to properly set up your MySpareFoot users so that the correct people receive notifications when you get a new reservation, have access to reconcile your statement each month, update your listing, and make billing changes.
First, navigate to your "User Management" page
Click on My Account in the top right hand corner of the page, and then select User Management from the drop down menu.
Adding a user:
Click the “+ Add New User” button in the right-hand side of the page:
Once you're there, you'll see a screen asking you for some basic information about this user:
You'll need to provide the following information for the user:
- Email address
- First & last Name
- Permissions (see above)
- NOTE: This is only required if you check the box for "Can access MySpareFoot."
- If you check the "Notify New User Via Email?" box, the new user will get an email from you with the password you've set.
What do the different permissions mean?
Administrator: Simply put, an administrator ("admin") is in charge of your SpareFoot account.
Reservation emails: SpareFoot sends facilities email notifications about customers who have reserved your units. It's very important to make sure that at least one person receives reservation notifications, so that you know to hold units open for SpareFoot customers and can call them to confirm their reservation. This selection will also dictate who receives notifications from SpareFoot about new reviews that have been posted to your listing.
Inquiry emails: A daily update about customers who have inquired about your facility on SpareFoot, but haven't yet reserved a unit.
Can access MySpareFoot: Users with this permission checked can log in to MySpareFoot to keep your facility's listing (unit availability, prices, hours, etc.) current.
Statements & Reconciliation: Remember, statements and reconciliation determine what you're charged each month by SpareFoot. Be sure to give the right people access, as these are the only people who (1) will receive reminder emails from SpareFoot when it's time to reconcile and (2) will have access to view and edit your SpareFoot statement when they log in to MySpareFoot.
- This permission requires that you select Yes for "Can access MySpareFoot." Since statements live in MySpareFoot, statement users must also be able to log in.
- If the "Administrator" checkbox is set to Yes, this will already be set by default. This cannot be changed, as Administrators must have access to statements.
Here's a fairly typical user configuration:
In the above example, the account has five users:
- One administrator, the owner of the three properties. The owner has access to MySpareFoot and to Statements & Reconciliation, but does not receive email notifications.
- Three managers, one for each facility. These managers receive email notifications and can log in to MySpareFoot. They cannot access Statements & Reconciliation.These are all limited access users.
- One district manager, who can access all facilities. This DM receives email notifications, can log in to MySpareFoot, and can access Statements & Reconciliation. This is a full-access user.
Editing a user
Do you need to make a change to a user's email address or name? Just hover over the contact that you need to edit and you will see a pencil icon appear.
Click on the pencil and you will be able to edit the user's email address and name. Don't forget to click save when you're done making changes!
Removing a user
Do you need to delete a user from your account? Just click the trash can icon to the far right for the user that you would like to remove.
First, navigate to the "payment" area of MySpareFoot.
Click on My Account in the top right corner of the page. Then, click on Payment Information in the drop down menu.
To change the payment contact(s) for any of your payment methods, just click "Edit/replace" next to the relevant payment method:
That will take you to the Advanced Billing Setup Page.
Scroll all the way down this page. At the bottom, you'll be able to add email addresses to be listed as payment contacts:
Add as many email addresses as you'd like, separating each new email with a comma (e.g., accountspayable@storagefacility, email@example.com) and then press the blue "Update" button!
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help adding users.