Choose the type that best describes the space you're marketing. Here's a summary of each of the available types to help you make the best selection:
- Self-Storage Unit: Traditional self-storage space with a ceiling height of eight feet or more.
- Parking Space: A space that accommodates only vehicle storage; may be indoor or outdoor, covered or uncovered.
- Office Space/Warehouse: A space where tenants may conduct business. These units typically have power outlets, climate control and other amenities that make it habitable for work purposes.
- Wine Storage: A space specifically designed and optimized for wine storage. These spaces are usually highly climate-regulated to ensure proper storage of various wines.
- Locker: A self-storage unit with a ceiling height of eight feet or lower; typically four feet. These spaces may be stacked on top of one or more other lockers.
Remember, your customers often have very specific storage needs, so it's best to be super clear about the kind of unit you're marketing.
Tip: Not all amenities on the +Add Unit page are applicable to all space types. Depending on which type you select, some of the following fields may be greyed out and unavailable for selection.
Enter the width, length and height of the unit into the corresponding fields.
Using only digits, enter the unit's floor number into the field. Feel free to leave this field blank if there is only one floor at your facility.
This field lists the most commonly available unit amenities. Select as many as apply to the unit you're adding.
Heating & Cooling
Does the unit you're marketing offer any type of climate control? If so, select the most applicable option. Here are the definitions of each of the available types to help you make the correct selection:
- Climate Control: Maintains climate year-round using both cooling and heating to ensure the temperature never dips below or rises above set thresholds.
- Humidity Control: Controls the humidity in and around the unit, but does not affect the temperature. May be supplemental to Climate Control.
- Air Cooled: Cools the space to ensure the temperature does not reach extreme highs; does not provide climate protection against extreme lows.
- Heated: Heats the space to ensure the temperature does not reach extreme lows; does not provide climate protection against extremely highs.
Keep in mind the description of each of these selections. If your unit is climate controlled, please do not select air cooled or heated as well. Climate protection is one of the most important amenities in a customer's storage selection, so it's important to be specific!
Self-storage units come in a wide variety of access configurations, so this field includes lots of options to ensure prospective customers know exactly what they're getting!
- Stacked Space: A unit that is "stacked" beneath or above another unit; this option typically refers to lockers and other non-traditional unit sizes.
- Underground Level: A space that is located in a basement or below ground. Select this option for all units located below the ground floor of your facility.
- Parking Warehouse: A space located in a large garage or warehouse specifically intended for parking.
- Pull-Thru: A unit or space that is accessible from both sides. This includes units with two doors, and parking spaces that customers can actually "pull through" on either end.
- Drive up access: Indicate whether the customer can actually drive their vehicle up to the space.
- Access: Is the unit accessible from an indoor hallway, or can customers access the unit from the outside
- Can customers store a vehicle in the space? Select the applicable option.
- What vehicles types are allowed? Select the applicable options.
- Are customers able to park and access their vehicles without assistance? Select the correct option if the vehicle storage spaces are self serve parking, parking assistance required, stacked parking, or back in parking only.
Vehicle Storage Accommodations
- Outdoor uncovered - An outdoor vehicle parking space that may be on a paved or unpaved surface.
- Outdoor covered - An outdoor vehicle parking space typically under a standalone roof.
- Indoor - Vehicle parking inside a large structure such as a warehouse where cars will be parked alongside one another in a shared space.
Some customers may have specific needs that require either a roll-up or swing door. Use this field to specify which of these door types best describes your unit's configuration. If the space does not have a door, select None
Lot Type (Vehicle Storage only)
If you’re adding parking spaces for vehicle storage, is the parking lot made of dirt, sand, mulch, gravel, grass, or a paved surface?
- Is the unit ADA accessible? Select this option if the units are accessible for disabled tenants. Since ADA accessible is a legal standard, only select this option if you are sure.
- Is the unit in a “premium location”? Use this option to differentiate units that are the same size but are priced differently because of their location. For example, units that are next to the facility's main office or a freight elevator. Remember, this option is specific to the unit level, not your facility itself.